Saturday, July 25, 2009

In the meantime...

I know that there is more that you want to hear and I've left out some important details about who inspired me to take the first step and who has actually been holding my hand...that will come. I've got to be inspired to write the way I did in my first entry.

However, 'in the meantime', I'll fill you in on what I've been doing.

For the first time in my life, I actually enjoy and look forward to going to the gym. This past week alone I've gone almost every night with the exception of Thursday night. I go after work, spend at least 45 minutes on the treadmill non stop and then I leave. On Thursday I got together with a few girl friends at my favorite restaurant, GrillSmith. They ordered like 4 or 5 different appetizers, all my favorites and of course items that I just can't do right now. I was so proud of myself when I didnt even taste a thing! It wasnt even hard to do. I have made up my mind that there are certain things that I just cant eat right now and that's it! If I do, I will never reach my goal and that is not acceptable. Its a simple equation.

Last night, Gordon and I went to the movies. We saw, "The Taking of Pelham 123," good movie, by the way. For the very first time in my life I did NOT have any popcorn at the movies. The other thing I am proud of is that when I have been to the movies in the past, I am the person in front of you on line that you complain is taking to much time because I make them put the butter on the bottom, middle and top of the popcorn. Yes, in layers. So when I didnt have any popcorn at all...that was progress, my friends!

Stay tuned....more to come...

1 comment:

  1. i do popcorn layers too! and I commend you for not getting any at the theatre.. you have much more will power than me

    ReplyDelete