Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Winter Whites!


I am so excited today! Allow me to explain. About two years ago, I purchased a beautiful pair of winter white cropped pants. When I purchased them, the pants were three sizes too small for me, but I purchased them because they were marked down from $40.00 to $6.99 and they were of good quality. I already had similar ones in black and I really liked how they fit me, although those black pants are now threes sizes too big for me and I had to have them taken in recently. When I purchased the winter whites I said, "one day I will fit them", and never really gave much more thought to it. However, since starting this "new lifestyle", I've used those pants as a gauge to determine how much my body has changed with the weight loss.

At first I could not get the pants past my thighs; then once I got them past my thighs I couldn't get them over my rear end. As time passed by and I started to drop the weight, I got the pants over my behind, but I couldn't close them. About three weeks ago, I tried the pants on again and I got them up, closed them and decided, they were just too tight to wear in public, so instead of hanging them back up I threw them down in my closet on a pile of clothes that just don't fit me anymore. I must admit, it was a wee bit discouraging and a testament to how long I felt like this journey was taking.

Well, today, I put the pants on, zippered and buttoned them up and wore them to work! I really cannot believe that I have them on! It's absolutely amazing and I feel great! It really opened my eyes and allowed me to measure my success.

My next goal is to lose 12 pounds by Christmas. I now know that I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment