Thursday, September 10, 2009

Where was I?

Its been a month since I've written anything here. Its been a while since I've truly felt inspired. Where did it all go wrong? When did the discouragement start? What was the cause? I think I've narrowed it down to two things....

After I found out that I lost 12.5 pounds, I was so encouraged. I went as far as to hook up with a trainer at the YMCA. When he told me that I shouldn't be doing the treadmill, I lost my fervor. It was the one thing that I looked forward to in going to the gym. It was my ME time. I would read while on the treadmill. In fact, I am on my second book since the beginning of August. I became so discouraged and it was harder and harder to get to the gym. With that of course came the stagnation of the weight loss. Obviously, I wouldn't lose anything if I wasn't working out! Thank God I wasn't cheating with my eating, but I found every excuse in the book not to go to the gym, until someone said to me....if reading on the treadmill gets you to the gym....read on the treadmill!

So, with that said....I am back in the gym! I read on the treadmill, then I do all of the 'stuff' that the trainer says I must do!

No comments:

Post a Comment